Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sheepishly poking my head above the surface

I'm sorry to disappear on everyone (AGAIN - I know, I know).  I've been so busy lately that I've barely had time to breathe!

I was traveling quite a bit - during my absence I visited the following:
  • Savannah
  • Philadelphia
  • New York
They were all delightful trips for different reasons.  Savannah was absolutely beautiful and I enjoyed heading out to Tybee Island to hit the beach one last time, I had a great experience running a half marathon in Philadelphia, and I reunited with old friends in New York and had a blast reliving our college years :-)

In other news: as many of you are aware, October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  In honor of it, I have been wearing pink to work every day this month.  Some of my choices of attire have gone unnoticed, but some have prompted comments from people (as wearing Lilly at work so often does) and I've been happy to explain to them that, yes, there is a reason why I am wearing pink pants to work.  It's such a minimal effort on my part, but if I remind even one person to get a mammogram or perform a BSE I have accomplished something.


I promise not to be such a stranger in the future - hopefully things are calming down around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment