During my morning run to Whole Foods (seriously y'all, I have a problem - I got to WF an average of 1.5x a day during a normal week) I noticed a huge display of Kombucha drinks. While the jury's still out on their health benefits (see this article from the Mayo Clinic), I'm a sucker for trying new things, and fermented tea sounded like one of those "so weird I have to try it" sort of things.
The amount of choices were a bit overwhelming, but then I saw a magic word: quince. I LOVE quince.
Carpe Diem's Kombucha Quince drink is absolutely wonderful. Being a fermented drink, it does have a slight hoppy taste to it, but I like the way that mixes with white tea and the citrusy sweetness of quince. I realize it's not for everyone, and I certainly won't be drinking it every day, but it's a great treat to have at my desk every once in a while.

No comments:
Post a Comment