Friday, December 19, 2008

Because I Like it Hot

For all of you who've called me a freak of nature for my love of spicy foods:

http://www.economist.com/printedition/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=12792719

Looks like I'm part of a global trend! True, most people wouldn't drunkenly order a plate of raw jalapenos as a snack, but it would appear my tendency to pour hot sauce all over anything and everything isn't all that strange.

I think it may be time for a field trip to the UK to sample the Dorset naga chilis. This article certainly gave me some good ideas, but I don't think I'll be trying a "pink fix" anytime soon. That reminds me a little too much of some hazing stories I've heard... ouch.

Please note: "The adrenaline kick plus the natural opiates form an unbeatable combination for thrill-seekers." I guess I was on to something good after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment