Thursday, December 11, 2008

Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans?


I certainly do. Especially today when everyone is so excited about the snow there. The mental images I'm getting of snow accumulating on wrought-iron railings and the statue in Jackson Square are gorgeous. If you're still living down there, please take photos! (And to a certain friend of mine, please be careful while trying to catch snowflakes with your tongue... you can hurt yourself running around with your eyes closed!)
A friend sent me an article about the snow on nola.com. While the article isn't anything special, some of the comments certainly are... I'll share some of my favorites:
"Are all the politicians and news anchors who drive drunk going to be able to get to work this morning through the snow?"
"Hell has frozen over!! The Saints are going to win the superbowl!!"
"Snow is a bad omen. Snowed in New Orleans: Andrew. Snowed in New Orleans: Ivan. Snowed in New Orleans: Katrina... I'm moving in June."
"It's snowing because New Orleans voters actually voted a corrupt scumbag out of office!"
...and my personal favorite due to Nagin's ineptitude...
"Hey C.Ray, the Chocolate city is WHITE! PLEASE run for the hills"

No comments:

Post a Comment