Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Legit Update

Sorry I’ve been so terrible at keeping this up. A combination of quite a few things, not the least of them being that I have a “real” job that might go away if I ignore it, kept me busy and kept me from having anything interesting to say. After the past week I’m pretty sure I’ve got a bit to go on. I apologize again because this is going to be quite discombobulated.

Things to note:
-Lauriol Plaza hand squeezes its orange juice. This makes for exceptional screwdrivers.
-Kegs of green beer are notably pricier than those of the non-colored variety. Also, green beer is not nearly as messy as one would think.
-It may very well be impossible to get kicked out of the upstairs bar at Garrett’s. Attempts include: physical violence (whiskey slaps), blatant gambling (involving throwing money on the floor), jumping up and down on the booth seats, and insulting the bartenders (who, quite frankly, had it coming).
-Most cab drivers do not have a very good sense of humor, especially relating to threats of robbery and/or physical violence.

Perhaps when I have more time I’ll recount stories from this past weekend; for now suffice it to say I was keeping good company and had an excellent time.

On another note – this upcoming weekend I am running the National Half-Marathon. While this is not my first half-marathon, I’m a bit concerned because I am not in the best of shape. Please think positive thoughts for me Saturday morning! On second thought, I’ll probably finish long before most of y’all wake up…

No comments:

Post a Comment