Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Food Post

It’s that time of year again… no, not the end of busy season, but when the Washingtonian makes their 100 Best Restaurants list available online. Every year I make it a goal to dine at all the top 10 restaurants I’ve never been to before. Sadly, I’ve never achieved this particular goal. This year I think I may need to modify it to exclude the Inn at Little Washington (too far, and there’s no way I can afford that) and anything in Old Town (again with the too far, even though I’m dying to try Restaurant Eve and Farrah Olivia). This means I need to make it to the following restaurants: Minibar, CityZen, Palena, The Oval Room, and The Source. I think I can handle 5 restaurants in 10 months. If not, well, at least I’m used to failure on this front.

For those of you that are interested, here’s the list: http://www.washingtonian.com/restaurantreviews/14/index.html

I’ll probably be staring at it for the rest of the morning… which is sure to make me one disappointed girl come lunch time.

While on the subject, could someone please point me in the direction of a good sushi place (on the DC/MD side of the river please!). Sushi-Ko is good, not great, and I’d love to find somewhere new to go. Bonus points for good sushi in a setting where sake bombing is acceptable. We all know how much I love that.

In addition, what is the deal with the lack of good BBQ in DC? There are a lot of Southern transplants up here – someone could do quite well for themselves by opening a solid BBQ place. It’s not like they’d have much competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment