I can't decide how I feel about rompers. While many garments have confused me or put me off at first only to win me over later (i.e. maxi dresses and jeggings), I don't think any of them have thrown me for a loop as badly as rompers have. When jumpsuits made a comeback I knew I could never pull one off. I have the figure for it, but that look is just not for me. Then rompers came on the scene...
At first I thought "No way. No how." But the other day I bought a dress with a drawstring near the waist (which gives the top of the dress a blousy effect). I put it on and thought "hmm, if this had shorts on the bottom it would be a lot more versatile for day." Isn't a romper essentially a dress with shorts on the bottom instead of a skirt?
So now I am torn... I still think some rompers look ridiculous, but there are others that have really grown on me such as these two:

(Source: http://www.bloomingdales.com/)
What do you think about rompers? Is it a trend worth trying?
No comments:
Post a Comment