Black blazer
Leopard print scarf
Red flats
Striped shirt
Statement necklace
Little black dress
Black opaque tights
Oversize watch
Classic trench
Flared jeans
I agree with the basic categories these items represent, but I don’t agree with all of the items themselves, so I thought I would propose my list of 10 “must-haves” based on the above list (because, really, I don’t think I could narrow it down to 10 items otherwise).
Black cardigan
I have a few which I wear over almost everything, everywhere. During the summer I usually keep an extra in my purse or car in case I get cold when I head indoors.
Brightly colored pashmina
I’ve amassed quite a collection of these over the years and for good reason. During the spring or fall they look great paired with a tshirt and jeans and during the winter I tend to wear them instead of a wool scarf when I bundle up for the cold. When I dress up, I wear one as a shawl during a church wedding or in a cold restaurant. I recommend starting with solids and, once you have a few to match most of your outfits, branching out to prints.
Everyday flats
Red, black, brown, blue, gold, silver, green… whatever color is up to you. Pick something you’re comfortable in! I’ve barely worn heels since I discovered Reva flats. Throughout the past few years I’ve branched out to a few other brands, but I always seem to find myself gravitating toward TB’s latest offerings.
Oxford Shirt
I live in these… The Ralph Lauren ones last forever (I don’t think I’ve bought a new one in at least 4 years) and the Polo website offers make-your-own for those of you who are as obsessed with your monograms as I am with mine.
Pearl Necklace
Mine was my grandmother’s, so I can’t offer any advice on where is best to procure one of these, but a single strand of pearls is a true staple.
Little Black Dress
I always think of Audrey Hepburn when I think of a little black dress (hence the photo above). I have several – some for work, some for play, some for summer, and some for cooler months – and think that every woman should have at least one LBD that she feels 100% confident in.
Black Opaque Tights
Cuff Bracelet
Classic Trench
Straight Leg / Skinny Jeans
I must be the only person in the world who does not look better in flared jeans…but for some reason, my thighs look huge in them. I’m partial to J Brand pencil leg jeans (pictured) above, but no one pair fits everyone.
So there you have it – my list of “must haves.” What are some items you can’t live without?










No comments:
Post a Comment