Tuesday, July 6, 2010
All Aboard the Crazy Train
I'm moving tomorrow and the stress associated with it is making me lose my mind. All weekend I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to pack up all of my belongings; as a result, my apartment looks like a tornado ran through it and I can't find anything. In the stress of trying to find a work-appropriate outfit (which probably would have been easier had I not accidentally packed ALL of my clothes) and confirm details for tomorrow with the movers, I did something I never thought I'd do... I walked out of my apartment and almost came to work with ZERO makeup on.
This is a big deal for a few reasons:
1) I am significantly younger than most of my coworkers. I also look young for my age. At first glance, people have a hard enough time taking me seriously in business casual attire. My office just went casual for the remainder of the summer... in my jeans, loafers, and twinset I look like I'm 12. I need makeup to help me look like a grown-up.
2) I wear mascara everywhere. Seriously, everywhere. Races (helloooo they take your photos while you're running!), the beach, everywhere. It's such an automatic part of my routine in the mornings that I don't think before putting it on. I'm still not sure how I missed this step.
Luckily, I looked in the mirror while waiting for the elevator and realized that a) I forgot to bring my laptop and b) my face looked super-naked. Now, I'm quite sure I've forgotten to do a lot of things that aren't staring me in the face (ha, ha)... Hopefully I'll discover what they are before it's too late!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment