Thursday, June 3, 2010

Apparently I Missed the Boat on the Revival of Coach Leather Goods...

... because I went on their website today and discovered all sorts of cute things!

I'd written off Coach a few (ok, more like 7 or 8) years ago when they decided to change directions from classic leather and canvas staples to crazy logo prints on everything. Up until today, I'm sorry to say I've held a grudge against them. It's a long story, which can be summed up as follows: back in college, I used to have a perfect navy and white leather and canvas tote bag that I used for class. It was the perfect size and had the perfect amount of (interior) pockets to hold books, school supplies, and personal items. My sophmore year of college, my apartment was broken in to and this bag, among many other things (including jewelry and my laptop) was stolen. Unfortunately, this event coincided with the time Coach decided to change their image. Not only could I not replace the bag, but I couldn't find anything even remotely similar to it.

Go ahead and call me a hypocrite: I have a few LV monogrammed canvas items but simply cannot bring myself to own any coach logo print items. Not only do they look extremely trendy, but they seem overpriced. For a long time, even the leather goods were trendy - they had extra buckles and pockets everywhere. I longed for the clean, classic look their older designs had.

Yesterday, a coworker of mine joked that Coach has a line of handbags names after me and that I should get one. Of course, I had to take a look at them. While most of the items in that line were not my style, when I took a look at the leather handbags Coach now offers I found the following 3 happy surprises:

The Kristin Woven Leather Clutch:
The Madison Maggie Bag:
The Madson Leather Hippie Bag:
(All photos from Nordstrom.com)
I love the fun metallic-y-ness of the Kristin Clutch, the classic shape of the Madison Maggie, and the fact that the Madison Hippie bag can be converted from a shoulder bag to a messenger bag.
While all of these bags are pictured in white, they are available in other colors. I may just need to pick up one (or a few) of these this summer!
...are there any brands you had previously written off only to rediscover?

3 comments:

  1. I love that clutch. And the white leather is so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW I saw you were asking about the marc jacobs bandaids - I never actually had them, I was just commenting that I liked the slogan on them, quite clever. I hope you find them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm going to be on the lookout for them... hopefully they're still out there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete