The first time I heard about Southern Tide was when I wandered in to (read: the boy insisted on going in to) M. Dumas and Sons while we were in Charleston. Of course, I was the first one to find the polos with the adorable skipjack logo (see below) and insisted he try on one. Little did I know, I was creating a monster.
These polos are amazing. Ladies, take note, if you give your boyfriend/fiance/husband these polos, he may finally give up his ratty, falling apart at the seams, "it's finally broken in just right" polos. They're that comfortable. The price is right (in the same range as their competitors listed above), and they come in all sorts of wonderful colors.
As the story goes, the company was founded by a former USC student after he studied abroad in Italy. He wanted to merge Italian craftsmanship and quality with Southern style. You can read more about the company here and here.
The company is slowly gaining more recognition and its products are slowly creeping to the north and west of South Carolina. In fact, Sherman Pickey started carrying Southern Tide a few months ago.
I highly recommend the mens' Skipjack polos, and am really hoping that this polo will make its way to me on my birthday:
Here's hoping!
(Note: In no way was I compensated or otherwise recognized by Southern Tide for writing this post. I believe it's a great company with superb products that deserves more exposure than it currently gets.)


So cute! I love the polo in "Offshore Green"!!
ReplyDelete