Did anyone else's parents make them wear Aqua Socks when they were little? Just me? Oh... Excuse me while I take a moment to get over the fact that my parents' mandate that I protect my feet during water activites at camp resulted in relentless teasing by the other kids. Not to mention my memories of how awkward those shoes felt (there's a reason most people swim barefoot).
Aaaand I'm back. Putting a Tory Burch logo on something dorky does not automatically make it cool, just as selling fancy Aqua Socks for $125 does not make them desirable; it makes them ridiculous. Tory, please stick to making real shoes... everyone else, if you see someone sporting these in real life, please send a photo my way!

Hi! I just found your blog tonight, and I must say that this post just put you in the short list of my favorite bloggers. I cannot believe Tory Burch makes something so ridiculous! But honestly, your aqua socks story brought me right back to my own childhood days of being forced to wear those. LOL thanks for posting this. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! I can't believe some of the things TB has been coming out with lately - it looks like their creative director (is Tory still filling that role herself?) has been getting a little TOO creative...
ReplyDelete