Wednesday, June 2, 2010

A Rediscovery

Back in the summer of 2003, I was a college student spending the summer at home with no internship to keep me busy. A few of my friends were in the same situation and, after a week or so of "what are you going to do with yourself this summer?" nagging by our parents, we decided to get jobs.

My job was at a now-defunct boutique in Georgetown called Mint Juleps. That's a story for another day... One of my good friends worked a few blocks up M street at a boutique called Fornash. I loved going to visit her at work because the store was adorable, the owner was beyond nice, and the custom handbags they made were to die for. Seriously, who doesn't want to design their own handbag? I loved looking through all of the different fabrics, ribbons, and pins that filled up the store, deciding which cominations would work best as clutches, totes, etc.
As I went back to school and spent subsequent summers interning and/or at school, I forgot about Fornash. It wasn't until I had a friend in town this past winter that I rediscovered it. I can't remember why we went in to Georgetown Park, but I am glad we did. Fornash is not only doing well, it's expanded. They now carry all sorts of cute accessories and some clothing.

For example, this freshwater coin pearl necklace:

This freshwater pearl bracelet with a crab detail:

And this freshwater pearl and coral necklace:

I know I'd like one of each!

Feel free the check these, and the handbags, out at: http://www.fornash.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment